Repositionable Breast Localization Needles (BLN)
The Breast Localization Needles are repositionable to ensure accurate placement and are available in different wire choices.
The Homer BLN contains a strong, flexible J-curve wire that may be retracted and repositioned as often as necessary to achieve accurate placement.
- Nitinol J-curve wire and stabilizer design locks the needle and wire in place, anchoring the system to prevent wire migration while protecting against unguarded needle penetration during breast compression and patient transport
- System provides a palpable guide to the surgeon, offering a choice of paths to the lesion
- Centimeter markings provide a reference for depth placement
Hawkins™ I BLN
The Hawkins I BLN is repositionable to achieve accurate placement. A patented side barb locks the needle in place and can be retracted for easy repositioning.
- A lock-down disk at skin level stabilizes the needle during patient transport and is removable for maximum surgical access
- The fixed needle design reduces risk of transection
- Centimeter markings provide reference for depth placement
- Hubless needle fits through all standard grids
Hawkins™ II BLN
The Hawkins II BLN is repositionable to achieve accurate placement. It has a retention barb designed to provide strong anchoring strength in the breast.
- Wire is marked in three places: I indicates wire at distal tip of needle; II indicates side barb deployment; and III indicates distal barb deployment
- Flexstrand, a 19-strand cable for maximum flexibility with minimal risk of transection
- A traditional hardwire, which minimises flex during placement