SKATER™ Drainage Catheters
The SKATER™ Drainage System provides a portfolio for clinicians and patients to manage their drainage needs.
The Argon Medical portfolio includes a complete size range of catheters for percutaneous drainage procedures including abscess, nephrostomy, biliary, and centesis. To assist in targeted catheter placement, an array of accessories including introducer sets, introducer sheath/needles (ISN), and Hawkins blunt needles are available. The system is completed with drainage bags for collecting fluid.
Each Set includes
- SKATER Catheter
- Removable pigtail straightener
- Metal stiffening cannula
- Flexible stiffening cannula (not available on 6F and 7F)
- Locking system with snap-off tab (not available on non-locking pigtail catheters)
SKATER™ All-Purpose and Nephrostomy and Mini-Loop Drainage Catheters
The drainage catheters are designed to promote maximum drainage flow. They are formulated for patient comfort, kink resistance, easy insertion, and radiopacity. They can be used safely with ethyl alcohol and doxycycline. They are suitable for percutaneous drainage of abcesses or fluid collections using the direct stick technique or kidneys using the seldinger technique.
- Expansive size offering of 6F – 16F and 15 cm to 60 cm
- Available in locking and non-locking configurations
- Choice Lock™ trocar stylet allows for single-handed abscess drainage placement
- Comes with flexible stiffener, metal stylet, and metal cannula
SKATER™ Biliary Drainage Catheters
The biliary drainage catheters are used to drain bile from the bile duct and are placed using the Seldinger technique.
- Radiopaque marker band provides clear view of the most proximal drainage hole for accurate placement in the biliary tract
- Additional drainage holes for biliary duct to duodenum drainage
SKATER™ Centesis Catheters
The Centesis catheters are designed for percutaneous fluid aspirations and small volume drainage procedures.
- Needle with echogenic tip for precise placement under imaging
- Tapered catheter tip ensures good transition between catheter and needle to facilitate smooth insertion
- Four radial side holes on the catheter facilitate drainage within small cavities
- Hollow stylet needle permits aspiration of fluid prior to needle removal
- Vent plug allows air to exit catheter during insertion and protects against fluid leakage
SKATER™ Introducer Set
The Introducer set provides easy, accurate and atraumatic placement of a .035”/.038” guidewire in non-vascular procedures.
- Embedded radiopaque marker enhances visualization for accurate placement
- 4F dilator / 6F sheath assembly with locking stiffening cannula facilitates easy over-the-wire placement
- Large end hole design of the sheath accepts both .018” and .035”/.038” guidewires simultaneously
- Available with a stainless steel or nitinol .018” guidewire